The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Winter is Coming......Finally

Well, the cold weather finally got here.  Last night and the night before the temps finally dropped to freezing.  I woke up to a winter wonderland of frost all across the grass.  It took out the last of the garden too, which in a way was nice, because to tell the truth, I was getting a bit tired of it.

I did go out earlier in the week and strip anything that was left in the garden.  I got a mess of peas and lots of green tomatoes of various sizes.  A friend of ours also cleaned out her garden and gave me a load of hot peppers so I'll have plenty of spicy food this winter.  Can't wait.



So it's time to tuck in and snuggle up for the winter.  I don't think I'm going to have a chance to do that for a bit though.  The crew is coming back tomorrow and starting to work on the house again to finish up a lot of the detail work that is keeping me from getting organized.  I'll be posting as it goes along.

The cooler, clearer weather is bringing some amazing sunsets with it.  All the volcanic ash in the atmosphere is showing up at sunset.  Makes you realize why you like living here.


1 comment:

  1. Don't know why but I ended up going back to the storage units and exchanging some stuff afterall. Headed to Valdosta but knew I would stop somewhere along the way, which I did. Just wanted to get to the kids in time for appt, which I did. They were bickering and pains in the ass so I left the next day. At Sue's now...

    Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete