The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lost and All Alone

Normally I'm so busy I don't have time to think about anything seriously for more than a minute or two.  When I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I'm usually doing something in the house that needs my attention...right...now.

This morning, however, I've sat down to write and I realize I have nothing serious going on.  Nothing.  Nada. Zilch.  Oh there are things I could do, but they're not pressing.  Nothing has a deadline within five minutes.  There isn't a domino effect in place for five million things that have to get done today.  I can actually sit and drink my coffee and not DO anything.

I feel lost.

These moments are so rare in my life, I don't know what to do with them when I get them.  I feel like I should be doing something....but wait....no, nothing to do.  How weird.

Sister has gone to her day job, and my mom is snoozing in her chair.  Even the dog is snoring on the floor.  I feel so alone.  Absolutely, wonderfully, carefree, alone.  I can sit and sip my coffee, and surf the web.  I've caught up on Alabama's wonderful success in national signing day yesterday, I've rolled my eyes at the latest machinations of Congress to squeeze every last drop of financial blood out of me, and I've even glanced into a bit of celebrity news to try and figure out who these people are.  If I get really wild and wooley, I might just sit down and read a book.  (Yea, believe it or not, I'm still a fan of those big blocks of churned up tree trunks.)

So I'm feeling lost and all alone and I have to admit, I could get used to this...but no...wait....something to do......tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment