The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Week Six came to a close early due to the holiday, but...... so much got accomplished. They finished all the framing before they called it quits.

We got the front door framed.



And we got the south door framed.





And at the end of the day, the whole new addition, plus the old part of the house was framed and ready to be covered in siding.


So tomorrow while Builder is stalking Bambi in the latest monsoon to hit the area, I'll be pouring over door books, trying to pick out THE ONE that will grace the front of my house and say welcome to my guests. It's proving to be harder than I thought. You'd think you could just go in, say I want a door and that would be it. Oh no!! Not so. You have to pick out steel, wood, or fiberglass, chose between five dozen types of glass, full, 3/4, 1/2 or top only glass mount, not to mention all the mountings, caning, and hardware. Do I want side lights, top lights, any? Geez!!

So Christmas is here and I have all these decisions to make. That's okay though. I have so much to be thankful for. I am blessed with friends and family that love me, a house of my own, food in my tummy, and clothes on my back. I have more than enough and am surrounded by love.

Merry Christmas to all. I wish you as much and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment