The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Have Heat!!!!

It's a beautiful thing. They finished it up on Friday and it has been humming dutifully ever since. We sat the thermostat on 60 and the house is staying around 57. Considering the amount of holes in the walls and ceilings I'm very impressed with that. What I'm really excited about is the lack of mechanical noise. Just the sound of wind going into the intake. It's really nice.




In other parts of the house, the water heater is in place waiting to be plumbed in. The front door arrived.....finally! and the pantry windows got framed in and put into place.





Builder also built a ramp for Mama to easily access the house. Now, she says, she can get in and tell me how to finish it up right!

And in the meantime, Builder got a new toy....a turning plow, and nothing would do but that he turn up a garden spot for me. The robins went nuts looking for grubs and worms. It looked like the ground was moving there were so many of them in the spot.

The plot is huge, but that's okay. I know I won't be able to grow the whole thing, but it makes me feel better to have it. I may just end up growing weeds, but my intentions are good.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the neat heat! That's awesome! Know what else is awesome? That I now have your blog address. =)

    ReplyDelete