The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Falling Behind

Not the remodeling, just me. Seems like I never have enough time in the day to do everything that I'm wanting to.

Spring seems to be heading this way. The temps are warming up and all the bushes and trees are plumping up their buds. The sun has been really bright for a few days and the peepers are beginning to be heard at night. My thoughts are turning to landscaping and gardening.




On the home front, things are moving along. The guys have started working on the exterior siding. Well, actually, the porch roof to be exact. It's starting to look really good.




I went on a mad shopping spree a while back and bought a refrigerator, kitchen sink, ovens, a utility sink, bathroom sink, toilet, shower head, bath faucet, kitchen faucet, ceiling fans, outside wall sconces, and enough corkscrew light bulbs to keep me going for a while.

Some things I also had to special order, like the bathroom sink and toilet and the patio door that I'm putting in at my bedroom. I'm waiting for those to come in. The appliance place said they would hold my ovens, and fridge for a bit so they're not getting banged up during the building.

The problem is, I'm not through spending money. I still have to go buy my flooring, sheetrock, a dishwasher, tile for the bathroom, outside lights, porch fans and find a plumber, not to mention a tile layer. For someone who doesn't like to make decisions, this can all be a bit overwhelming. It's sort of like being a supervisor at work. I had hoped that I was getting away from all that, but I guess I'll have to hold on for a bit longer.

It's raining today, so the guys are going to be working inside today. Actually, the plan is to work under the floor. A section of the old part of the house has a dip due to age and needs to be jacked up. At least it's not in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment