The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Monday, April 12, 2010

Trees, Sheetrock and Falling in Love

Once again I've fallen behind on my posting. My only excuse is that it's been a busy, busy, busy week.

Last week was a week of outside work. The inside of the house was waiting on sheetrockers and they weren't coming until later in the week, so we moved outside to take care of things. We did yard work, and tackled the trees.

Tree #1 Up




Tree #1 Down




Trimmed and Stacked




Tree #2 Up




Tree #2 Down




Firewood




Then we replanted the shrubs we had dug up in the fall at the beginning of this adventure. Even though they had been sitting by the fence with a small root ball and with roots exposed in freezing weather, all of them budded out and show no signs of stopping.





Friday finally showed and so did the sheetrockers. They went straight to work, hanging boards and screwing them into place. They soon had enough up to tell what it's going to look like. I've looked at studs and insulation for so long that it seems strange to actually be seeing walls in place.




The man who is doing the mudding and sanding is suppose to start tomorrow. The hangers had to come back on Saturday to finish up. Builder came and kept an eye on them while Sister and I went to the Chicken and Egg Festival.

I have to admit I fell in love there. And even worse, it was strictly his looks that I fell in love with. His attributes had nothing to do with it. It breaks my heart that it was a chance encounter and I'll probably never see him again.



So things continue on. The guys are finishing up things on the outside. Since I don't/can't be around all the sheetrock dust, I think I'll work in the garden. What a neat idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment