The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Sunday, June 19, 2011

What I Should Be Doing and What I Am Doing

What I should be doing is out planting peas.  What I am doing is sitting in the house under the air conditioning.  Ahhhh.

After more than a month of not a cloud in the sky, we had two solid days of rain.  Rain, Rain, Beautiful Rain.  You could practically hear the plants breathe a sigh of relief.  It settled in and soaked the ground thoroughly and made us all giddy with the feel of it.

Then today came.  The morning was good with a bit of overcast and a nice stiff wind.  In fact, it was perfect.  My mom, my sister and I had coffee on my front porch.  Then the sun came out.  With a vengence.  And all that blessed water started evaporating.  Right now it's hanging somewhere about eyeball level in 96 degrees temperature.  I just do not have the will power to go out into that and work.

So....I'm making excuses.  It's Sunday and I should take a day of rest.  I don't really feel good,  My head hurts and my back aches.  That field will still be there tomorrow.  It's not going anywhere.  We're probably going to have a long summer so one day won't make that much difference.  If I was planting with the moon, now would be the wrong time anyway.

So I'm staying inside letting the cool air ciculate around me and wondering why we didn't have a Spring this year.  Oh yeah, it got blown away with the tornadoes.  I'll tell you about those in another post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment