The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slow Start, Big Finish

The devil is in the details.

It's been hard to post for the last week or so, not only because I've been busier than all get out away from the house, but also there aren't many pictures to post. Running five million errands in town is preventing me from getting a lot of pictures in a day, but to be honest, electrical wiring doesn't lend itself to a lot of action shots. And that's what the guys have been doing....wiring....lots and lots of wiring.

My dad was an electrical engineer and he taught me you can never have enough electrical outlets. That being the case I've got 'em everywhere. Where you think you would need one, I've put three and wished for four. But I will have power. As time goes on, I hope to add solar panels and generate some of my own, but that's for a future project. Right now, I just want to have a plug available when I need power.




So things may have been sluggish this week, but that is all about to change. The plumber is coming tomorrow and the tile man is coming on Thursday. Builder went and got the decking for the porch yesterday and he's dead set and determined that is going on like NOW! I ordered the flooring last week and it is suppose to be in this week and I am still running none stop, picking up supplies and parts. Throw in the fact that I've been taking my mom to the doctor and to get some lab tests done and grocery shopping and going to church and.....and.....and......Good Grief! No wonder I'm tired.

We had a scare in the geo-thermal department last week. We had a brown out that lasted about four hours back Saturday before this last. Nobody was at the house at the time to shut the system down and it went on the blink. The guys from the company came and set things right, but it was scarey to think that brand new system might have been fried. I know the procedures now, and it will be the first thing to be turned off in future power downs. I expect there to be a lot more as the weather warms up. Too many people on a decrepit old system is a sure bet.



So look for more soon. I'm expecting things to pick up rapidly.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,

    It looks nice. I miss hearing from you and assume you must be busy. In retirement the days seem to rush by, I guess it is because we don't watch the calendar until the month or season changes. I guess by now you are enjoying you beautiful remodeled home, or at least I hope so. I hope you and your Mom and sister are doing well. Take care. Tom

    ReplyDelete