The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Doors, Windows and Aching Bones

It's been an interesting week. On Monday, along with the windows the guys put in a side door for me. While they went on to work more on the ceiling, I put in the lock and the deadbolt. I stepped out of the door and hit a block wrong and it folded up on me. I went sailing. Luckily, I landed on a strip of insulation which helped to absorb some of the shock, but today I am feeling some of the effects of an old and out of shape woman arcing about six feet through the air and landing prone on her side.


Nonetheless, we got the door up and the locks on. We also got the roof shored up and the final windows in. Like I said, it's been interesting.

Putting in the door I eventually fell out of.





Putting up interior support beams to replace the downward beams where the old carport used to be. Eventually all of that will be inside the ceiling and out of sight. The wall underneath the beams will be history too.


And we finally got the north windows open and installed. The whole room opened up when we cut out the Tyvek and made the frames ready. I am soooooo going to love this room!


And at the end of the day, all of the windows (14)were in and the house is looking awesome.



Tomorrow there is more ceiling work to do and the chimney is suppose to come out too. Once that is all done, we can finally take out the interior wall and there will be nothing to interfere with the vision. The excitement is building!

No comments:

Post a Comment