The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Friday, January 15, 2010

Wood and Bricks

Thursday was a high water mark day. They got the interior wall out! It actually used to be the south exterior wall of the house, located under the carport. Since we enclosed the carport, it became an interior wall that has been interfering with my vision during this whole operation. Now it's gone (the wall) and the vision has free reign.


This is what the wall looked like before it went down.





And this is what it looked like after the work was done.




I laughed at Builder. He's such a perfectionist that he had built the support beam in the ceiling so well that when they took the vertical support beam out, the ceiling wouldn't settle to rest on the support beam they had built to hold everything up, until I can decide how I want to work that corner. They actually had to work to get my ceiling to sag. How weird is that?

Today the old chimney came down. I would have like to keep it, but it was chinked and too much of a fire hazard. The bricks came down easy enough, and were in fairly good shape. I'm going to take them and make the heat pad for my wood stove out of them. They will look wonderful and be a continuation of the old house into the new.


Taking out the bricks.





Before in the ceiling.



After in the ceiling



Anyway, things are rolling right along. I can't wait to see what the coming days and weeks bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment