The Farmette50

The Farmette50

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Walls, Mud and Other Mundane Things

I didn't post this week because I was just washed out. I had too many decisions to make and that takes way toooo much out of me. I'm not the decision making type.

But aside from trying to place lights and ceiling fans, pick colors, determine wall coverings and flooring material, not to mention everything that goes on the outside of the house, we had to finish placing all the walls of the interior of the house.

So first we had to finish tearing out the old kitchen part. The cabinets came out, as did the waterheater and then we stripped out the sheetrock.


Before


After


And then with a new wall.

Then, at last, the final wall. We had taken down the living room wall where the exterior wall used to be, and moved it back a few feet to give me more room in the big room. We got the wall up, what used to be the living room will now be storage and I'm turning the corner we opened up into a reading nook.

We also added easy access to the ceiling.




So today I went to clean up because tomorrow they are suppose to put the ductwork in for my new heating and cooling system. I'm putting in geothermal instead of standard HVAC. So I took the girls with me for them to explore their new home. Once Lovely found the windows I got a thumbs up and a "Mom, when can we move in!"

They were suppose to drill the wells for the new system on Tuesday, but the last two days have been nothing but buckets of rain so that will probably have to be put off until later. If we tried that now, the drill truck will be up past its axles in mud.


So tomorrow is ductwork and the beginnings of the porch roof. The cold is coming back in just as the guys have to go back outside. But work continues, and slowly but surely a house is emerging.

No comments:

Post a Comment